Christmas and New Years is behind us and that means another chance at a fresh start. Today I am sharing 10 healthy habits for 2018.
- Get to sleep sooner. Getting 7-8 hours of sleep each night will help you feel rested and ready to take on the day. Especially is you do
- Get in a workout routine. We all know how healthy it is to exercise (even if you don’t need to lose weight.) It helps reduce stress and just makes you feel better. It doesn’t have to be something fancy, even an after dinner walk is enough.
- Drink a cup of water first thing in the morning. I put lemon in mine but you don’t have too. Your body has been in sleep mode for a long time, it’s so important to start your system with water.
- Start each day with an inspirational quote or a Bible verse.
- Pack your lunch/water the night before, it helps so much!
- Don’t go to bed without a proper skin care routine. See mine here. Your skin rejuvenates while you sleep and it’s so important for it to be clean.
- If you take sugar or any kind of sweetener in your coffee, slowly try and cut it out. Use honey or maple syrup instead.
- Limit the times you eat out per week. That stuff can get so expensive! Have a weekly budget and stick to it.
- Drink lotsss of water! I always have a couple of water bottles with me.
- Don’t hold grudges. Life is short, always say sorry and love on your people!
Of course these healthy habits are not things you can change right away, everything takes time and that’s OK. Work on one or two things at a time. I find that making a goal and setting a reasonable “deadline” will motivate you to get it done, whether it’s getting a new job, losing weight, saving for a trip, etc.
I am currently on the Whole30 (see my daily diary here) and my resolution for this year is to be the healthiest and fit version of myself! What is your New Years Resolution? Which healthy habits can you not live without? Tell me in the comments below! xx