We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
There are some days when we feel like we woke up on the wrong side of the bed. And that’s OK, it happens. How much you allow it to effect your day is all up to you though. Today I am sharing 5 things to do each morning that will help you have a great day.
It’s true, if you go into a day feeling like a negative Nancy, you will feel like that all day. It’s all about perception.
- Wake up 15 minutes earlier than your alarm. (Even 30 min if you can) Having this time just to sit with a cup of coffee or tea and read a devotional, the Bible, meditate or whatever) will help so much. Having that bit of time to wake up your mind and body, combined with an inspirational read will kick start your day.
- Drink water when you first wake up. Your body has been in sleep mode for quite a bit and drinking H2O will get your organs awake and ready for the day.
- Stretch. This helps increase blood flow to your muscles. More blood to your muscles = means more energy and we all need that in the morning!
- Brush your teeth. This sounds a bit obvious but some people tend to skip this if they run out of time. Nothing like the feeling of fresh breath in the morning!
- Finally, eat breakfast! And I don’t mean picking up a muffin on the way to work 😉 Studies have shown us over and over that a nutritious breakfast is very important. It makes the time to lunch much more bearable! Nothing worse than trying to work on an empty stomach. I love smoothies with protein powder for breakfast as they are so easy and quick to make. You can trow in any fruit you have on hand too.
One of my fave smoothie to make:
1 cup of Almond or coconut milk
1 cup of frozen mixed berries
1 frozen bananna
1 scoop of vanilla protein (any kind will do)
Blend and add water as needed if it’s too thick. Enjoy!
I know and can imagine this list gets hard to do if you have small children and mornings can be hectic but even just waking up 15 minutes before everyone else just to have that little bit of “me time” will help make your day go smoother.
Hope you enjoyed this list! What are some things you do in the mornings that help kick start your day right? Let me know below!
Shop my look: