We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
If you are a blogger or business owner, you’re most likely on Instagram, and one of your goals is to grow your account.
Instagram has quickly become one of the largest and most effective way to connect with others. I am by no means an expert but I have been getting a few emails asking for some tips and so I thought I would share five things I am doing to grow my account.
- Engagement. Engaging with other bloggers and accounts on Instagram is essential. Building a community around your brand is key. Take an hour or so each day and genuinely comment and like others photos. You can have a million followers but if your engagement rate is low, companies will most likely not work with you. I have made so many friends from all over the world by engaging daily on Instagram!
- Join Facebook groups. There are so many groups you can join on Facebook for commenting, liking and blog post comments. These are also support groups of bloggers just like you helping each other out! Are you #girlboss and not a member of Style Collective? It’s the best network for fashion and lifestyle bloggers and will help take your blog to the next level! Click here to learn more.
- Loop Giveaways. A loop giveaway is a group of other bloggers and businesses that pool money together for a big prize. In order to be entered to win, people have to follow your page and everyone in the loop. I don’t recommend doing these all the time but once a month or so is a great way to boost your followers and introduce your brand to fresh eyes.
- Photos. Having clear and eye catching photos is extremely important. No one wants to follow an account with grainy photos. Lots of people think you have to have a fancy expensive DSLR to succeed but that’s simply not true! The newer androids and iPhone’s have great cameras now and when taken at great lighting, can produce beautiful photos. If you are considering a camera, I recommend this one. If you want to get more blurred backgrounds I would start with this lens on a budget or this one for even better quality photos. Make sure your feed is clean and cohesive. If you are a food blogger don’t post photos of your cat or if you sell clothing, don’t post photos of what you are eating. You get the point!
- Hashtags. I can’t stress enough the importance of the RIGHT hashtags. This is how people find you! Instagram allows a max of 30 hashtags per post. You don’t have to use all of them but be sure to use ones that go with your photo. For example, if I am posting a photo of me in a red dress some of them would look like this: #ootd #reddress #outfitoftheday #whatiwore and NOT #foodie #vacation #gymtime etc. (I do use all 30)
- BONUS!! Do not add your hashtags in your caption. This makes it looks super messy and unattractive. Add your hashtags in the comment section of your post.
Thanks so much for reading! What are some of the things you do to grow your Instagram? Tell me below! You can connect with me on Instagram here. xo
If you enjoyed this blog post, I would be thrilled if you shared the image below on Pinterest!