Love me a comfy and chic wide leg jumpsuit! I wasn’t much into jumpsuits at first but now I’m like, gimmeee all of them! They are SO comfy (well most of them anyway) and easily styled up or down. I created this look for our date night so I paired it with these block heel pumps that I picked up at Target. I love the block heel because I can stand and walk in them for way longer than regular heels.
I am totally loving these neckerchiefs! They add so much flare to your outfit and there are so many ways to wear them. With this outfit, I made it into a choker. These ones are from Old Navy, there are many prints to choose from.
I shared on insta stories earlier this week that I’ll be answering your Q’s in a blog post. Here are the top questions I get and the answers!
- Can you put together a video of what you eat in a typical day? This one came at a perfect time as I just uploaded a video of what a day looks like for me in regards to my meals. I saved it to my highlights under “meal ideas” and will be filming more! Stay tuned.
- How can you afford to buy all your clothes? When I first started blogging, I invested a lot of money into buying clothes. Not just clothes, but accessories, purses and shoes. A year later I was able to start linking my outfits with LikeToKnow.It which means that every time someone buys an item that I am wearing, I get a small commission. Now, part of the money that I make with that platform goes back into buying clothes. I also learned how to buy items that I am able to style many ways with tons of other looks. For example, I have a couple good pairs of jeans that I wear with a lot of my outfits. Same goes for accessories, shoes and purses. I don’t buy those every week! I will invest in a few for each season and rotate them. You don’t need to have a closet full of clothes! You just need to have a few staple pieces to create endless amount of looks! ps. I am so so grateful for your support!
- How do you stay motivated? I know better than anyone how hard it is to stay motivated when all you want to do is plop down on the couch with a bag of chips after a long day! I truly believe you have to be mentally ready before anything. You can’t just wake up one day and say, “yep, today’s the day I am going to start to lose weight!” (and if this did work for you, amazing!) You have to “sit down” with yourself and check in. Ask yourself your why. Why do you want this? What do you want to see happen? What are you going to do every single day to make sure you get there? Set goals for yourself and when you reach them, CELEBRATE! And it doesn’t have to always be with food. I reward myself by getting my nails done, going on a mini shopping spree, ect. They say that if you write things down, you are more likely to accomplish it. So put your why and your goals on a paper and tape it somewhere where you will see it each day. One of my end goals when I first started is to feel confident in a swimsuit. So I bought the sexiest suit in the size I want to be and hung it in my closet where I can see it. Every time I wanted to cheat, I would look at it and it reminded me that if I wanted to fit into it, what I was about to do is not an option! It really works!
- Do you have cheat meals and if so, what does that look like? Also, how do you stop at just the cheat meal and not let it keep going? I think cheat MEALS (not days) are a very important part of losing weight. It helps reset your body as it can get used to things you eat each day quickly and can potentially cause you to plateau. A cheat meal for me is usually pasta. I loveee pasta! I will always have a salad with it too. When I started, I was so scared of taking cheat meals because in the past I would have the meal and then it would continue to the next day, and the next and so on. If you feel like this would be an issue for you, don’t start your cheat meals right away. I had my first one after a month and it was much easier to go back because I was already noticing some results and the new routine was familiar to me. Also, I don’t deprive myself of anything. If I want ice cream, I will buy the Halo Top kind that is very low in calories and so delish! If I want pizza, I will make a flat bread version, etc.
- Who is your photographer? My husband has been taking all my photos since I started my blog!
- What is your fave go-to healthy snacks? I love yogurt with berries or if I am craving something chocolate, the Kashi dark chocolate coconut bars are yum!
- Do you want kids? Yes absolutely! I know there is never a right time to have kids, they are a blessing at anytime but I am focusing on me this year and getting my body and health where I want it to be. Ideally, I would love to workout through out my pregnancy so I am working on these good habits to hopefully carry on through my pregnancy.
- I want to try spinning but I feel like I would be intimidated, any tips? I think with anything new in our lives, it can be a bit scary! Just like a new job, you are walking into a new environment with people that have been there for a while and know their routine. It’s totally normal for it to take a couple classes before you start feeling more comfortable. The energy in the room will make you want to come back again, believe me! It’s an incredible workout.
- Do you have a makeup look that is under ten minutes? I don’t have a lot of time in the morning. Yes! I will be filming it this weekend and sharing it on my stories.
Shop my look below! xx