We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Happy Thanksgiving week friends! I still cannot believe we are here! This month just flew by. I am sharing some of my tips on how to not overeat this Thanksgiving Weekend in today’s post. It’s such a wonderful holiday that is spent with loved ones of delicious food of course! And I truly think that there is nothing wrong in splurging a little as it’s all about the little joys in life, like pumpkin pie!
The reason I am sharing this post is because in the past, I used to overeat during the holidays and I would feel just terrible after. In my opinion, you should not feel that way! And I know it was because I had the mentality of “well, it’s the holidays, I shouldn’t have to worry.”
But there is a way to enjoy the holidays and all the delicious food without feeling terrible after. Here are a few tips that I have learned along the way!
- The day of our Thanksgiving dinner, I make sure to eat foods that are healthy and filling during the day like boiled eggs, salmon, hummus & carrots, frilled chicken breast, etc. These types of foods will keep you full and satisfied until your dinner.
- Drink plenty of water with lemon, lime, cucumber, mint, etc throughout the day and during your dinner.
- At dinner, I fill my plate with the protein and veggies (salad) first and one scoop of the carbs. I would rather do this and go for seconds if I am still hungry. Most of the time though, I am full by the type my plate is empty. Also remember that it takes time for the mind and stomach to connect and trigger a “I’m full” response. Take your time and savour each bite by putting down your fork in between bites.
- I do the same for dessert, I will cut myself a smaller piece and if I still want some, I’ll go for a second.
- We tend to feel like we always have to finish what is on our plate (especially if you are a guest at someones house) you don’t want to make them feel bad. Filling your plate with proteins, veggies and salads and then adding the carbs and other sides will help keep you full and satisfied while still enjoying the holidays with family and friends!
Shop my look!