We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I promised you guys a weight loss update the past week and here it is! If you are new around here, I started Weight Watchers three months ago and introduced a variety of fitness like spinning, kickboxing and BBG to my routine. I can’t say that it has been easy but seeing the results have been SO WORTH IT! If you are thinking about starting on a health & fitness plan, then read on cause I am sharing my top tips!
If you have been following along, you know that I don’t believe in weighing yourself. The scale does not define you. I strongly believe its all about how you feel from the inside out. But, I had a Dr. appt earlier this month and needed to get weighed. Boo lol! I cringed as I stepped on it because I was working so hard and I didn’t want to be disappointed. I was so pleased to see that I had dropped 25 pounds! I am not comfortable in sharing how much I weigh, but I couldn’t wait to share with you my success!
Being on this journey is something that I have wanted for a long time but just didn’t know quite how to get on and stay on. You see, I lovvvveee food and it’s always been my go-to for comfort, when watching a movie, driving, working on posts, etc. I would buy a bag of Chicago mix pop corn and polish off the bag in one night. So Anca, how did you do it?
I believe it all starts with you having a meeting with YOU. That’s right, sitting yourself down and writing down your why. Why do you want this? How bad do you want it? What are you going to do from then on to achieve it? Set a goal date. Better yet, set a few and celebrate every time you reach your goal!
But listen to me, you don’t have to give up anything! You can still eat whatever you want. If you want the chocolate, have the chocolate! Keeping track of your points is so easy with the app, it takes 5 seconds to scan something and if you can’t, you can look it up. It pretty much has everything! If an item does not show up, you can enter the nutritional information and it will create the points.
The #1 reason why I failed so many times in the past is because I deprived myself from all my favorite foods. I am 100% certain now that that is not the way to go. We are meant to enjoy all foods but in moderation.
Below are a few tips that have helped me stay on track!
- Drink water with lemon, apple cider vinegar and honey first thing in the a.m.
- Have your fruit no later than lunch time.
- Drink as much water as you can throughout the day.
- Workout 4x a week. (This can be anything, even a walk in the neighbourhood!) Just get moving!
- Eat lots of veggies with every meal. (I put spinach in my morning smoothies)
- Save your extra points on a night out once a week!
- Pre-make lunches on the weekend so they are ready to go for the week. (Video coming soon on 5 easy and delicious lunches!)
- If you are hungry in between meals or in the evenings, eat eggs with veggies, cucumbers rolled in turkey slices, grilled chicken, you get it! All the 0 point foods.
- Understand that losing weight takes time. It doesn’t melt off right after you eat a salad. 😉 Think about it as a lifestyle change instead of a diet and you are already on the success train.
- HAVE FUN! There are so many delish recipes you can make from the Weight Watchers app. From breakfast to dinner and snacks in between.
Q: I want to change my eating habits but I don’t want to buy the WW app. Do you have any other suggestions?
A: Yes! The MyFitnessPal app is a free and very easy to use tool that allows you to add everything you ate that day. When you first sign up, you input all of your info and it will give you a recommended caloric number to eat each day. I have don it this way in the past and it works too!
Now I can’t sign off without sharing with you guys that I FINALLY found the most perfect workout leggings. I put them to the test and did a spinning class, running, kickboxing and they stayed put! They are high waisted and suck everything in! Believe me when I tell you that I have bought and tried many and half of my workout class was spent on pulling my pants up. I am wearing the size medium! Get yourself a pair HERE.
If you have any questions about this post feel free to comment below! xx